At Ainsworth House & Gardens, we are so thrilled when engaged couples opt for sustainable, green, eco-friendly options on any given part of their weddding. In this article, we discuss the types of eco-friendly invitations on the market, reputable vendors, and how you can personalize your invitations to reflect the two of you!
Since we are concerned about our planet, Robert and I are trying to have the most sustainable, eco-friendly wedding we can. Are there any options of eco-friendly invitations?
Hannah in Hillsboro, Oregon
Thank you for being concerned about Earth. Yes! There are several options for eco-friendly invitations:
- Select recycled paper: As more paper producers become environmentally conscious, there are more options for color and at different price points. Words with Heart is a recycled paper company which empowers women.
2. Use a non-paper alternative: Wedding invitations are now printed on wood, leather, and upcycled fabrics. The choices are amazing!
3. Seek out stationery companies that give back to the environment. For instance, Paper Culture plants a tree each time they receive an order for their products!
4. Seed paper is the most Earth-friendly and fabulous way to give back to the environment. You can print your Save the Date cards, invitations, programs, and menus on seed paper. After your wedding, your guests can plant your invitations and other paper goods in a pot (or two or three) of soil. Since the seeds are imbedded in the bio-degradable, plantable paper, a lovely garden of flowers will later bloom. Botanical PaperWorks, Flower Seed Paper, ForeverFiances.com, and other find companies carry seed paper.
5. Send electronic invites. With this option, you can design your Save the Date cards and invitations in Canva or a similar program. Evite.com and Greenvelope.com have countless options for you. You are not harming any trees nor is any waste created because your guests have no paper goods to toss later.
I am not endorsing any of the vendors listed here. You need to do your own due diligence before you order any products.
Let me know if I can help you further!
Your friend in the wedding business,
Images courtesy of Pixabay.com.
© 2023. Come Rain or Shyne, LLC. All rights reserved.